Senior Interventional Cardiologists, India
Dr.Subhash Chandra is amongst the Senior Interventional Cardiologists of India with over 25 years experience of performing a large variety of cardiology procedures.
Starting his career from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, country’s premier Institute of learning in 1989 as DM Fellow, he went on to serve as Faculty Member at AIIMS. He received training at world’s top institutions in USA, Europe and Japan.
He has attributed immensely to the training and growth of cardiology in India and neighboring SAARC countries. Dr.Chandra has served in past as Senior Consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi and Director – Cath. Lab. at Narender Mohan Hospital & Heart Center Delhi NCR, Ghaziabad.
Dr.Chandra has crossed a landmark of over 25,000 interventional procedures of all kinds in the year 2009. Besides his huge presence on national scene of cardiology he has been regularly participating on international forums of interventional cardiology i.e. TCT (USA) and Euro PCR (Europe) and Japan to update his skills on interventions.
– Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award from Cardiology Society of India
– Col. K.L.Chopra Award for Research in Cardiology (CSI)
– International Medical Excellence Award (International Study Circle)
– Training and Special Courses : ECFMG Exam.Qualified(USA) for training in cardiology
– Training in Carotid Artery Stenting at Brussels, Belgium
– Training in Heart Failure Therapies at Brussels, Belgium
– Training at CTO courses, CCT, Kobe, Japan.
– Training on ‘ABSORB – BVS’, Thorax centre, ERASMUS, Rotterdam
– Academics and Research : Associate Professor of Cardiology at AIIMS, New Delhi
– Training, DM, DNB, Interventional Cardiology Fellows
– Associate Director, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
– Over 100 International and National publication in indexed Journals
Many firsts to his credit like:
– Alcohol septal ablation in HOCM
– Pericardial window creation using Inou balloon
– Retrograde Mitral Valvotomy technique
– Cross wire on chronic total occlusion of coronaries
– Valvular balloon dilatation of all kinds, over 4000 procedures
– Part of several on going trials at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute
- Location: India